Day 1 Wednesday, Feb. 22
Today I am flying to San Jose for a leadership conference at Facebook Headquarters. If that was not making me nervous enough, reports that the worse flooding in 11+ years happened over the last few days in the exact town I am flying into...that fact does not make things any better.
Even though I am a Californian, I grew up closer to SoCal then NorCal --- and the stereotype is true, we really don't like each other. So I do not know the area very well. So I am going to get friendly with Google Maps. I am also a little old school, and I printed Map Quests physical maps for every possible place I am going...both ways!
Currently, I am on my last flight into San Jose, from there it will be the following:
1. Pick up luggage
2. Find rental car place
3. Pick up car
4. Figure out where the heck I am and Google Map it to the hotel
5. Avoid the floods & find food
6. Find my reasonable priced for this area hotel
7. Get changed out of airplane clothes and head to fancy schmancy hotel for a networking event
8. Get back & tell you all about the people I met and my thoughts on tomorrow.
9. Figure out what I am going to wear the day I step onto the campus of the company that got me in PR...no pressure Facebook, but you better live up to it! Oh, and probably iron that outfit.
I will post periodically tomorrow during the event, take photos, video & give my thoughts on the tour I will be taking around lunch! If I can, I will do a Facebook Live from Facebook HQ.
Friend me on Facebook/Instagram to get the latest updates.
P.S. This momma is away from her 18-month-girl for the first time, so send positive thoughts :)
Hear more about Day 2 and Day 3.