Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the world is at home and unable to participate in their usual routines such as visiting a movie theater, going out to eat, drinking a coffee at their favorite coffee shop or even going to work and much more.
During this time, it’s important to enjoy the extra relaxation time and opportunity to sleep in a bit if you’re either not working or working from home.
However, as a Type Three Enneagram (defined as ambitious and highly-driven for advancement), I obviously had to create a strategic plan of goals and tactics to work on self-improvement with this unusual abundance of time I have on my hands.
If you’re searching for ways to be productive with your time during quarantine, let the list below spark some ideas for what might work for you!
● Perfect your baking skills.
● Clean or re-organize one space in your home a week such as cabinets, closets, drawers, etc.
● Read a book (or a few).
● Take up the art of meditation – there are great apps available for first-timers.
● Try a new recipe for dinner.
● Start journaling – this can be an especially interesting time to start so you have memories of this unprecedented time to look back on.
● Create a “thankful” list by listing one thing you are thankful for each day.
● Start a skincare routine and try to avoid wearing makeup.
● Set exercise goals – even if it’s just a daily walk around the block.
● Take a personality test to learn more about yourself – the Enneagram test I mentioned is a very popular one right now.
● Let your natural hair oils do their magic by not washing your hair for three to four days.
● Pick up a new skill such as crocheting, Photoshop, etc.
● Take advantage of online workouts or dance classes to keep moving.
● Learn one new word a day to expand your vocabulary – you can download an app that will send a notification with a new word and its definition each day.
● Earn a certification or take courses of topics of interest or related to your industry.
● Grow your connections with friends and family by regularly facetiming.
● Brainstorm a side hustle you can take on during this slow time of life.
● Start listening to podcasts.
Remember, it only takes 21 days to create a habit.