Here is a breakdown of some amazing statics that reflect the world of social media as of Q2 2019.
Social media statistics
● For context, as of January 2019, total worldwide population is 7.7 billion
● The internet has 4.2 billion users
● There are 3.397 billion active social media users
● On average, people have 5.54 social media accounts
● The average daily time spent on social is 116 minutes a day
● 91% of retail brands use 2 or more social media channels
● 81% of all small and medium businesses use some kind of social platform
● Internet users have an average of 7.6 social media accounts
● Social media users grew by 320 million between Sep 2017 and Oct 2018.
● That works out at a new social media user every 10 seconds.
● Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp handle 60 billion messages a day
● When asked, 81% of teenagers felt social media has a positive effect on their lives
It is still common to hear that major brands, organizations, non-profits and more are still relying on just having a Facebook page that updates one to three times a week with general information.
It is clear to see audiences across the spectrum are spending more time online, whether, for business or entertainment, there are opportunities every minute to garner the attention of your audience.
It is vital to think like your audience. If you have multiple audiences, it is best to create personas to help narrow down your efforts.
Ex: 25-35 Women w/children
What does she read or listen to:
Where does she go daily/weekly: