May 10, 2017 – Kelly Hughes, Assistant Account Executive
Hi, my name is Kelly and I’m addicted to social media. I nerd out about helping brands harness the power social media possesses to engage with consumers, and I believe in taking advantage of every tool available. Today I’m focusing on visual elements of advertising.
The age of Facebook being a platform strictly for personal use has died, and you can definitely forget about posting those low-quality party photos to Instagram – this platform is now the ultimate visual marketing hub. Pinterest, which you once just used for planning your dream wedding or saving recipes you’ll never make, is a major tool for brands.
If you stick around on Facebook for any amount of time after investigating what your 70-something great aunt tagged you in, you’ve probably noticed the increasing popularity of eye-catching graphics, animations and videos from your favorite brands.
Graphics and videos on social media are great ways to brand your company and promote products in a creative and appealing way. Using them strategically is also just about guaranteed to boost engagement with your audience.
Not convinced visual media is essential to your brand’s social media presence? Check out these statistics about the importance of visual content:
- Visual content on social media is 40 times more likely to be shared than text-only content.
- Tweets with images received 150 percent more retweets than tweets without images.
- Four times as many consumers prefer to watch a video about a product than read about it.
- Videos make up more than 74 percent of all internet content.
- One hundred million hours of video content is watched on Facebook every day.
- One-third of all time spent online is spent watching videos.
Want to check out a brand that’s crushing it in the visual media department? Take a look at our friends over at Dunkin’ Donuts.