June 23, 2016 – Brenda Jones Barwick, APR, President and CEO
In 2001, Jones Public Relations was a one-woman show working out of my kitchen. Today it has grown to a staff of 20 professionals. We are a leading national integrated communications and public affairs agency, a member of PROI Worldwide, the 6th largest public relations holding group in the world, the recipient of numerous local, regional, and national awards – and this month marks our 15th anniversary.
In recognition of our 15 years, on June 13th we launched 15 Days of Giving to 15 Oklahoma nonprofits with direct donations, services and supplies valued at more than $15,000. The benefits to community groups were:
1. 15 Kindles to South Lake Elementary School in Moore
2. Tuition for 15 disadvantaged children to attend PlaySmart Summer Academy
3. Tickets for 15 children to attend an OKC Dodgers baseball game with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Cleveland County
4. 15 care packages for Oklahoma troops deployed overseas through Blue Star Mothers
5. 15 new winter coats for The Foundation for Oklahoma City’s Public Schools’ Coat-A-Kid program
6. 15 leather journals for domestic violence victims at Oklahoma City YWCA
7. 20-piece flatware set for 15 families transitioning out of homelessness to stable housing from Positive Tomorrows, Oklahoma’s only school for homeless children
8. Clothes and shoes for 15 women entering the workforce through Tulsa’s Dress for Success
9. Funding for 15 therapeutic and learning tools for children with special needs at The Little Light House in Tulsa
10. 15 volunteer hours on a Habitat for Humanity project
11. 15 volunteer hours at the Down Syndrome Association of Central Oklahoma supporting the Kylee’s Kitchen program
12. 15 volunteer hours helping TEEM move to new offices
13. 15 volunteer hours at Oklahoma Regional Food Bank
14. 15 volunteer hours of media and crisis communications training for Neighborhood Service Organization (NSO)
15. 15 volunteer hours of video production services for Reading Partners in Tulsa
Our clients have trusted, believed and given us the opportunity to grow from my kitchen table to creating 20 Oklahoma jobs and supporting more than a hundred companies and organizations. These 15 acts of kindness are shared thank you gifts from us and all of our clients to help fellow Oklahomans.
In addition to our 15 Days of Giving, we released a new updated Jones PR logo, launched an innovative new website, unveiled the progressive URL “.PR” and introduced the popular digital media channel The Oklahoma 100.
I have always believed Oklahoma’s incredible talent can compete with the best in the nation, which has been proven time and again. We are the first Oklahoma agency to ever receive a coveted national PRWEEK Award, and recently won a Bronze Anvil Award from Public Relations Society of America. In 2015, we were selected by Verizon corporate and regional executives as its best and most creative agency across 11 southern states.
It has been an amazing 15 years – and I cannot wait to see what this dynamic team will do over the next 15 years!